Tuesday, May 1, 2012

"Just enjoy..."

My favorite advice so far about having two little guys now has been, "just enjoy the boys".  It is easy to fall into the spiral sickness of not getting *anything* done around the house, feeling bad about it, then not feeling much like doing anything...etc. etc. ad infinitum ad nauseum. 

I told a friend (one of my second moms) that I wasn't really sure what I should be doing.  She gave me the golden advice. 

Now, when I start to feel exasperated, I think to myself, "just enjoy", and things get much smoother.  Why should I hurry Leo along on our walk?  Just enjoy.  Why shouldn't he play longer on the tractor?  Just enjoy.  Why shouldn't we have ice cream for every meal?  Okay...just kidding (kind of...)! 

"Just enjoy the boys" may seem akin to "stop and smell the roses", because it is.  The thing is, however, that cliches become that way because there is a truth in them.  Life does go that quickly, and those boys will grow up too fast for their new momma. 

So, for now, I'm going to try just to enjoy them. 


2 comments:

  1. Ok, me too! Love your blog...yes, we will be comrades in arms! Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. We should listen to old people more, they are always the ones giving good advice like this.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment gold brightens my day...