Thursday, March 21, 2013

5 Things Tag


Being enormously flattered to have been “tagged” by Sarah over at Two O’s Plus More--where she blogs tons of creative ideas about teaching and feeding her two (super-cute) boyos and bringing the faith into their lives--here I am with my...
“5 Things”

Firstly,
  1. I am an extraordinarily private person. I am very friendly and enjoy sharing things with folks, just not all folks, and definitely not everything! Well...except for cute pictures of my boyos. Like this one: 
    :0) *that face*
    This doesn’t usually present a problem for me, but does make me surprised by how very much people will share with the world!
  2.  I struggle with keeping a “nurse” mentality about life. It is stressful to be a nurse. Attention to detail takes on a whole new meaning when someone’s life is at risk. The struggle is then that ordinary life can start feeling as though it has the same pressure...not a good idea!  Lately, I’ve been taking the advice of my always older, sometimes wiser, very pretty sister, who tells me to give myself a break. To me, this means more chocolate. Win-win for everyone, IMO.
  3.  When I read home/garden magazines, I’m most often left with the thought, “people actually live in houses like that?”, and also, “where is their stuff?!”.  
  4. Do they read those books?
    Do they sit in those chairs?
    Where are the stacks of bills and *important* papers?

    Seriously.
  5. I love memes. I had to give up iwastesomuchtime.com for pretty much ever. Not for Lent, for all time. (Well, mostly...I have looked at it once in a while...see #2). The name of the site says it all...>>click at your own risk!
    teeheehee.
    I do have Catholic Memes and Maine Memes on my Facebook feed, though. Gotta love laughs like them memes :0)
  6. My best advice for moms/parents is: Do what works. (Of course, everything that I do works, so you should consult me...!) Seriously though, life is too short to try to meet everyone else’s standards for your own family.


Thanks to Sarah for tagging me! I don’t know who to tag now!  I would tag Laura Rydberg...and if you’re reading this, Laura, I don’t have your email, but would love to get in touch with you! (mine is katherine.s.friedman@g(oogl -e)mail-dot-com >>encrypted for safety ;)) 

 ...and then I would tag Simcha Fisher, because she is awesome, but...I don't think she knows I exist! Dilemmas, dilemmas... :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment gold brightens my day...