Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Balsamic Beef Roast...sort of!

Domestic Adventures of the Not-So-Rich-or-Famous
Another *Fabulous* Attempt at a Food Blog
(since Marie asked so nicely)

{joining Jen for day #2 of the blog challenge}

>>Balsamic Beef Roast<<

This is the official Pintrest picture
designed to make you think: YUM!
So, I decided to try to make something yummy tonight for dinner. AND I followed a recipe! Woo-ee! :0). Miss Sarah suggested this website the other day, a Pintrest gold-mine board of crock-pot/freezer meal ideas, wherein I found the above goodness and the following crock-pot recipe:

1 3-4 pound boneless roast beef 1 cup beef broth ½ cup balsamic vinegar 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce 1 tablespoon soy sauce 1 tablespoon honey ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes 4 cloves garlic, chopped.
Into the crock pot for 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.

I did the same recipe, with a few exceptions, per my usual kitchen m.o. I used venison loin and shoulder chops instead of beef...and no soy sauce, because who needs to add MORE SALT to a recipe with BEEF BROTH already for cryin' out loud (...also, I didn't have any left...which is inexplicable, since I normally feel the too-much-sodium vibe and leave out the soy).


Here is everything in the pot just after I put it there.
So that I could send a picture to my sister and claim domestic goddess-hood.

Crock-potting away!

yum yum yum and it smelled very good
Actual picture of my dinner plate.
As if I were one of those people who tweeted her dinners.
We added barbeque sauce, but that was all. Steve said, "it's good". Which is about an 8.5 out of 10 on the scale of dinners I make ;)

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment gold brightens my day...