Monday, July 22, 2013

No good thing

Reflection on Psalm 84:10-12

"For a day in thy courts is better    than a thousand elsewhere.I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God    than dwell in the tents of wickedness.For the Lord God is a sun and shield;    he bestows favor and honor.No good thing does the Lord withhold
    from those who walk uprightly. O Lord of hosts,    blessed is the man who trusts in thee!"


We all have *those* days. Those pull your hair out I don't wanna be here anymore kind of days. Great big LE SIGH kind of days. Mom of toddlers have these days all the dang time, it seems. This being said, I truly believe that I am getting better at this game...that perhaps I won't have to wait until Leo is ten (approx. 2,602 more days: OH. MY. LORD.) to have more peaceful days.

I see a face like this one:
this boy. those eyes. those vampiric teethers.

...and I realize that the answer lies somewhere among the cliches about changing my attitude, appreciating the small moments/teensy successes, and the proverbial dirty diapers. My blessings are here already.

Leo took these shots :0)


melt.
 
too dang cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment gold brightens my day...