Thursday, July 25, 2013

Late for the Party but Wearing my Boots...

{Five Favorites}
linking up with Grace for Hallie's FF
AND
joining Jen for day #3 of the blog challenge}
shhhhh...this is yesterday's post...
So...Five Favorites...I thought about doing an un-Favorites post, since this is a day late and a dollar short, as it were, but since that's basically what I gave you last week...here we go with the realsies!

>>(only) Five Favorite Children's Books<<
Wherein I hold with my trend of pretending to be an actual blogger (see here and here).
Today's version: books!
(For actual book-blogging, check out Julie over @ Julie's World...
She's a book reviewer AND an author!)


I really do love books. I have recently been pretty strict about having fewer toys in the house (because they just make big messes...and who needs toys when you can just spill an entire box of cereal onto the kitchen floor and then smash it into dust, just for fun?), but I don't apply the same rules to books. I'll need to start being more creative about protecting them from small ones (Daniel soaked one in a sink-ful of water and schmeared another with yogurt in the span of about 20 minutes the other day...), but books are welcome here.

Here's a few of our favorites...

1. Rumplestilskin retold and illustrated by Paul O. Zelinsky

Great pictures, clever Momma. Good one.
 2. Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People's Ears by Verna Aardema, picures by Leo and Diane Dillon

African folk tale wherein the Mosquito gets it. 
I remember this one from my school days at St. Patrick's...was it during the unit we did in second grade on Africa? We built huts and dressed in colorful wrap dresses (over top of our lovely green plaid jumpers and yellow blouses or dark blue pants w/ light blue shirts and green plaid ties, of course). 

 3. Anything by Robert McCloskey

We've been reading One Morning in Maine for a while now (aka "The Sal One"),
but I just found Make Way For Ducklings at Ollie's for $2.29. Yes please.

4. Llama Llama Red Pajama, story and pictures by Anna Dewdney

A present from Tia Lizzie Wilber :0)
We love Llama Llama. Anyone who puts "please stop all this llama drama" in a sentence has my vote for sure.

 5. Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame, illustrated by Ernest H. Shepard

With the Ernest Shepard illustrations only please. 
Classic Eddy-kids bedtime story with Dad. With all the voices, of course.

So, what are some of your favorites? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment gold brightens my day...